Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Sibu Trip

Well, I am now back at Bintulu. The trip to Sibu was... wet and moldy =/

It rained all day long at Sibu, not very pleasant

Anyways, I went there mainly to test drive a couple of cars.
Well, actually in the end only test drove one car, since there's no stock for the other one.
Planning to get a new-car, IF I can sell off my now-car. And that is a very big IF.
Hard to sell off a 4 year-old car going for 5 in less than 4 months. Sigh...

Dropped by my grandparents afterward, just to show my face and chit chat.
At dinner, I tried out a new dish, it is a fish actually, deep fried till it is very crispy. The fish was very sweet, very nice texture, but quite expensive as well =/
I think it is called Pari or Piri. No photos, forgot to take >.<

Sibu was uneventful and boring. Mainly cause the trip was spontaneous and I forgotten to bring my laptop adapter. And the Sibu-Bintulu road, was OMG lots of holes! It did not felt like driving, more like playing "dodge-hole" and extremely tiring and bumpy. And I thought Miri-Bintulu road was bad...

This reminds me, there is this saying in Malaysia during "Pak Lah's" reign as Prime Minister: "The number of holes on the road is directly proportional to the number of holes on the PM's face." That was said cause his face had lots of holes, lol! Our current PM has a smooth face, so don't know when those holes on the road will disappear *rolls-eyes*

Had lunch at Selangau today and the dishes was very nice and quite exquisit

The dishes! Guess what those were =P

The coffee shop is just slightly at the left side, opposite of Shell petrol station, corner shop lot.
All the dishes shown above were taken from the wild and not grown/domesticated.

I will do some detailed explanations for my readers from outside Malaysia.

The vege-like dish is called "milian" (I am pretty sure there's a more official name for it), a kind of wild grown vegetation. Mostly found on the Borneo Island and I love the taste of it! It feels crunchy and sweet at the same time.

The blue plate is what the local calls as "Bat-man". It is actually a breed of wild flying squirrels, but not the kind you saw on Discovery Channel, it is much much smaller. The prime part of this dish is the skin, not the meat.

The dish with onions is what we call as "tian-ji" in Mandarin. It is not field chicken, if that's what you were thinking, lol. It tastes like chicken thou, only much sweeter and the meat more tender and elastic. This might sound gross for some of the readers, especially those from metropolitan cities, but "tian-ji" is actually a breed of toads. Yes, toads, not frogs. You can easily find these in some coffee shops on the Borneo Island. Most of these toads are breed locally and had been domesticated, but the one I had today is actually from the wild, something special and hard to find.

The last dish is less gross, haha. It is just wild boar =P
Nonetheless, it is still quite exquisite.

The whole meal consists of dishes which the ingredients were taken from the wild. Not everyday I get to taste these dishes.

Well, that's all from this trip. Till next time!

1 comment: