Monday, February 8, 2010

Chinese New Year Resolution

Well, 1st of all I wish to apologize for the 1 week break I took from blogging. Didn't find anything interesting to write about and still waiting for more polls to pool into my poll HERE. If you haven't vote yet, please do!

Chinese New Year is only 5 days away (if you exclude today).
Time flies way too fast! Faster than I wanted it to be, anyway.
Getting older and older already... few more years and I won't be getting Ang Pau anymore; I will be giving out Ang Pau instead!

Chinese New Year deco. My dad bought it from Guang Zhou

Well, finished spring cleaning for most parts of the house already, left the garage and garden area only.
Nearly finished buying all the stuff needed for CNY as well.
This year really don't have much CNY mood at all, maybe it's my age.
Feels only like any normal day... plus cleaning, baking and occasional CNY songs at supermarkets.
And surprisingly, I am not looking towards the annual house visits I usually do with my friends.
In fact, I feel that it's a very tiring tradition.

Some more deco :D

Aside from all those, I am looking forward to meet and hang out with some of my old friends, classmates and relatives who I haven't seen for quite some time.
Chinese New Year brought them all back here to Bintulu, and that's what I like most about CNY.
I know I said about being sinful and consume food in exceeding amounts, but at the same time I am also looking forward to lots of home baked cakes (cheesecakes specifically, mmmm~~), cookies, biscuits and tid-bits. (Okay, there goes my maintained weight. I am gonna return to Miri as a fat block)

Jade twin fish deco. This one had been here for 9 years!

I made my New Year resolution last year HERE and I am proud to say that I had achieved at least 1 of those resolutions already!

So, for this CNY, I am gonna add more resolutions to the list, which I see fit.

The list from New Year:
1. Stop smoking (Going on strong and hopefully will stay that way forever)
2. Stop drinking (Breached already :P, but no harm trying harder, rite?)
3. Stop driving over the speed limit (Except long distance and so far so good)
4. Stop gambling (MOST IMPORTANT! CNY is always the time to gamble and I always lose! Have to hold on tight to this)
5. Do night driving back Miri/Bintulu (Completed!)
6. Graduate from university, convocation at Perth (ongoing)
7. Get a girlfriend (No progress, lol)
8. Get a job (ongoing)
9. Get a dog (ongoing)
10. Continue my blog (ongoing)

For this Chinese New Year gonna add:
1. Go vacation to at least 3 countries outside Asia (So you see, Australia counts as 1, so 2 more)
2. Make lots more new friends (How come I forgot this for my New Year resolution >.<)
3. Try to pick up a sport
(Need to keep in shape and at the same time polish my skills in sports)
4. Try to be more cheerful and keep an open mind (I think last year was a gloomy year for me, time for a change :P)
5. Go on fishing trips regularly (once a fortnight would be best :D)

So how's your preparation for CNY?
Do drop me some comments in the chat box (left panel) or in my comment box :D

No comments:

Post a Comment