Monday, January 17, 2011

Last Day as a Student in Miri – 1st July 2010

1st of July 2010 is a big turning point for me. As it marks the last day as a student in my uni-life, the transition from a liability to an asset in the workforce begins,  the transition into joining an economic phenomenon known as work-life... or well, to put it more bluntly, being jobless :P

During these full 5 and half years of uni-life at Curtin University, Miri, there are highs and lows both academically and socially which I would like to call achievements. 1st I would like to say that... I FINALLY GRADUATED! And the spoils, a sad piece of paper with my name on it and a degree course name... and a logo and signature, that's about it. Can't imagine I waited on 1 year of foundation and 4 and half years of degree just to get this piece of crap which could be printed on any conventional printer. However, the process of getting the degree is filled with memories.

The last 2 months of my uni-life, I had been cramming on books, journals, software and hardware development for 16 hours per day at the IT Lab just to get my thesis done... God, that was one hell of a time.

Aside those, there are of course other things that I am quite proud of, which is being involved in a few social clubs in the university.

1st of is being a founding board member for Gamerz Club of Curtin for year 2007-2008, then joining the board members for Rotaract Club of Curtin for year 2008-2010, contributing to the Miri community and beyond.

Other than that, there's also the involvement in getting a title for Curtin Prom King 2009, however all credits go to the Emo Kidz for trying so damn hard while I just stand there and getting myself embarrassed... Yes, you guys are the "best" (sarcasm intended).

Among all those, my greatest and fondest find is getting to know my current buddies, bros and sis and some crazies, the Emo Kidz group: Poly, Chan, William, Ian Tan, Ian Chong, Jason (the hostel sleepover dudes), Aaron (a.k.a. Kuching Legend) Lee Hui, Alfred, Wu Zhang, Benny, Ah Hok, Jojo (the crazies and jokers), Ah Wen, Nelly (a.k.a. NEW), Aileen, Tracy, Joanne, Zi Wei (the ladies) and Jnee, Eling and Chloe (the sisters). Here I would like to say: "You all are the best! Thanks for a fulfilling and very happening uni-life!"

8 comments:

  1. here here, put liaw
    sry i forgot to put :P
    anyone else i forgot bo?

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha.. go miri in Feb! I want a gathering! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blogging is the new poetry. I find it wonderful and amazing in many ways.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What you're saying is completely true. I know that everybody must say the same thing, but I just think that you put it in a way that everyone can understand. I'm sure you'll reach so many people with what you've got to say.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your approach on the topic. Your article is as interesting as your previous writings. Keep up the good work, thanks a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What you are spoken communication is totally true. i do know that everyone should say a similar factor, however I simply assume that you simply place it in an exceedingly method that everybody will perceive. i am positive you may reach such a lot of folks with what you've to mention.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice post, things explained in details. Thank You.

    ReplyDelete